- 1 What does Matthew 4 19 say?
- 2 What does Matthew 26 say?
- 3 What does the Bible say about being still?
- 4 Where in the Bible does it say go out and make disciples?
- 5 Why is Jesus represented by a fish?
- 6 Did Jesus eat the fish?
- 7 What is the meaning of Gethsemane?
- 8 What does Matthew 27 talk about?
- 9 Who will betray Jesus?
- 10 What does it mean to be still?
- 11 What the Bible says about being quiet?
- 12 How can I be still and let God work?
- 13 How long did Jesus say he would be with them?
- 14 Are Christians called to make disciples?
- 15 Why is making discipleship important?
What does Matthew 4 19 say?
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
What does Matthew 26 say?
Bible Gateway Matthew 26:: NIV. “As you know, the Passover is two days away–and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified.” and they plotted to arrest Jesus in some sly way and kill him. “But not during the Feast,” they said, “or there may be a riot among the people.”
What does the Bible say about being still?
+ Psalm 46:10 He says, ” Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” + Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!
Where in the Bible does it say go out and make disciples?
God gave us The Great Commission found in Matthew 28:19-20: “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Why is Jesus represented by a fish?
In early Christian history, the ichthys symbol held “the most sacred significance”, and Christians used it to recognize churches and other believers through this symbol because they were persecuted by the Roman Empire.
Did Jesus eat the fish?
Jesus also ate fish. In one of his resurrection appearances to the disciples, he is described eating fish to show that he was real and not a ghost.
What is the meaning of Gethsemane?
The name Gethsemane (Hebrew gat shemanim, “oil press”) suggests that the garden was a grove of olive trees in which was located an oil press.
What does Matthew 27 talk about?
Matthew 27 is the 27th chapter in the Gospel of Matthew, part of the New Testament in the Christian Bible. This chapter contains Matthew’s record of the day of the trial, crucifixion and burial of Jesus.
Who will betray Jesus?
Judas Iscariot: The Mysterious Disciple Who Betrayed Jesus with a Kiss. Judas Iscariot is famous for being a disciple of Jesus who betrayed him in exchange for money.
What does it mean to be still?
“Be still ‘ means to stop striving, stop fighting, relax. It also means to “put your hands down”.
What the Bible says about being quiet?
The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger. Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
How can I be still and let God work?
How to Let Go and Let God
- Start each day by giving it to God – Do not take yesterday’s mistakes into the clean slate of today.
- Give it to God by starting each day with prayer – Speak to God.
- Give it to God by starting each day with Scripture – Open your Bible and read where you left off from the previous day.
How long did Jesus say he would be with them?
He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.” But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it.
Are Christians called to make disciples?
All believers are called to make disciples.”
Why is making discipleship important?
Why is discipleship important? Discipleship is important because we want people to become fully committed followers of Christ. Discipleship helps believers to grow in their faith, to grow in maturity and wisdom, and build their faith on a strong foundation so that they can then disciple and lead others towards Christ.