- 1 Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
- 2 Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
- 3 Can you drive to the Apostle Islands?
- 4 What city is near the Apostle Islands?
- 5 How far is Duluth from Apostle Islands?
- 6 How do you get to Apostle Islands Ice Caves?
- 7 Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
- 8 How long is the Apostle Islands Grand Tour?
- 9 How far are the Apostle Islands from Milwaukee?
- 10 How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
- 11 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
- 12 Do you need a car on Madeline Island?
- 13 Can you kayak to the Apostle Islands?
- 14 Where are the Apostle Island?
- 15 Where are the sea caves in the Apostle Islands?
Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
Staying Near Apostle Islands Marina
- Lucy’s Place: With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn: This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
Camping is available on 18 of the Lakeshore’s 21 islands, and at one campsite on the mainland. The mainland campsite is only accessible by kayak or a 6-mile hike on the Lakeshore Trail from Meyers Beach. There is NO drive up car, tent, or RV camping available in the Apostle Islands.
Can you drive to the Apostle Islands?
Madeline Island, the only one of the Apostle Islands accessible by automobile, is not within the National Lakeshore. Attractions on Madeline Island include Big Bay State Park, with its lakeside campground, and the Madeline Island Historical Museum, with its exhibits about the fur trade era.
What city is near the Apostle Islands?
Beautiful Bayfield is the gateway to the Apostle Islands and serves as a hub for visitors who want to explore Lake Superior and Wisconsin’s north coast. This historic and picturesque town offers a wide variety of lodging, dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
How far is Duluth from Apostle Islands?
Distance between Duluth and Apostle Islands is 109.77 km. This distance is equal to 68.2 miles, and 59.23 nautical miles.
How do you get to Apostle Islands Ice Caves?
Location. The ice caves are located at the Meyers Beach area of the Mainland Unit of the park in far northern Bayfield County. There is a parking area and stairs to the beach/ ice at the end of Meyers Road. Meyers Beach is located, 18 miles west of Bayfield and 4 miles east of Cornucopia along Highway 13.
Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
One of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America is found on Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Due to their mobility and expert swimming skills, bears may be found on just about any of the Apostle Islands.
How long is the Apostle Islands Grand Tour?
The Grand Tour takes you on a narrated, informative 55-mile scenic tour. Throughout this memorable cruise, you’ll pass extraordinary natural scenery, beautiful historic Raspberry and Devils Island Lighthouses, standing rocks, extensive sea caves, and marine wildlife.
How far are the Apostle Islands from Milwaukee?
The distance between Milwaukee and Apostle Islands is 303 miles.
How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
1. Is there an entrance fee? No. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore does not charge an entrance fee, but does have expanded amenity fees.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
We recommend arriving on the dock 20 minutes before your desired departure time. Please see ferry rates below or call Ferry Line office at 715-747-2051 for more information. ADDITIONAL FERRY RATES.
|Auto (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
|Vehicle (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
Do you need a car on Madeline Island?
Madeline Island can be accessed via private boat, airplane, or ferry. From the mainland dock to Island dock the distance is approximately 2.5 miles. Are reservations required for the Ferry? No, vehicles and pedestrians are loaded on a first come first served basis.
Can you kayak to the Apostle Islands?
Apostle Islands is renowned for it’s water resource including the beaches, sea caves, lighthouses, and island camping. A sea kayak is the recommended kayak that should be used in the Apostle Islands.
Where are the Apostle Island?
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is located on the northern-most point in Wisconsin, near Bayfield, along the south shore of Lake Superior. The Bayfield and Little Sand Bay Visitor Centers, as well as, Meyers Beach are accessible by road. Access to the 21 islands is by boat only.
Where are the sea caves in the Apostle Islands?
This is located about 18 miles west of Bayfield off Highway 13. Boaters wishing to visit the Sand Island caves will find a boat launch at Little Sand Bay, 13 miles north of Bayfield. To reach the mainland caves in winter, visitors should drive to the end of Meyers Road.