- 1 Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
- 2 Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
- 3 How do you get to the Apostle Islands?
- 4 What hotels are in Bayfield Wisconsin?
- 5 What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
- 6 What city is near the Apostle Islands?
- 7 Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
- 8 How far are the Apostle Islands from Milwaukee?
- 9 How far is Duluth from Apostle Islands?
- 10 How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
- 11 Can you swim at the Apostle Islands?
- 12 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
- 13 How do you get from Madeline Island to Bayfield?
- 14 How Far is Ashland from Bayfield?
Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
Staying Near Apostle Islands Marina
- Lucy’s Place: With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn: This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
Camping is available on 18 of the Lakeshore’s 21 islands, and at one campsite on the mainland. The mainland campsite is only accessible by kayak or a 6-mile hike on the Lakeshore Trail from Meyers Beach. There is NO drive up car, tent, or RV camping available in the Apostle Islands.
How do you get to the Apostle Islands?
Island Tours/Shuttles The most popular is the 55-mile “Grand Tour” which travels through the heart of the Apostle Islands archipelago. Trips leave from Bayfield daily from late May to mid-October. Cruises provide views of most of the islands, as well as close looks at dramatic sandstone cliffs and historic lighthouses.
What hotels are in Bayfield Wisconsin?
Hotels in Bayfield
- Harbor’s Edge Motel.
- Legendary Waters Resort & Casino.
- Lucy’s Place.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn.
- A Vacation you Won’t Forget, Stay on a 35 Foot Boat!
- Bayfield – No Cleaning Fees, Charming Condo, Jumping Off Point to Apostles.
- Winfield Inn and Gardens.
What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
Road Trip to Wisconsin’s Apostle Islands and Harbor Towns
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Starting a road trip in the northern region of Wisconsin on Lake Superior, travelers can start at the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Green Bay.
- Sturgeon Bay.
What city is near the Apostle Islands?
Beautiful Bayfield is the gateway to the Apostle Islands and serves as a hub for visitors who want to explore Lake Superior and Wisconsin’s north coast. This historic and picturesque town offers a wide variety of lodging, dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
One of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America is found on Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Due to their mobility and expert swimming skills, bears may be found on just about any of the Apostle Islands.
How far are the Apostle Islands from Milwaukee?
The distance between Milwaukee and Apostle Islands is 303 miles.
How far is Duluth from Apostle Islands?
Distance between Duluth and Apostle Islands is 109.77 km. This distance is equal to 68.2 miles, and 59.23 nautical miles.
How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
1. Is there an entrance fee? No. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore does not charge an entrance fee, but does have expanded amenity fees.
Can you swim at the Apostle Islands?
Yes, it’s true, Lake Superior can be really cold. The average annual water temperature of the lake is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. On warm, calm, sunny summer days, however, water temperatures in the Apostle Islands ‘ protected shallow bays can climb into the 70s.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
We recommend arriving on the dock 20 minutes before your desired departure time. Please see ferry rates below or call Ferry Line office at 715-747-2051 for more information. ADDITIONAL FERRY RATES.
|Auto (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
|Vehicle (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
How do you get from Madeline Island to Bayfield?
The Madeline Island Ferry Line makes several trips a day to Madeline, the largest of the Apostle Islands. Leaving from Bayfield, you can walk, bike, or drive aboard for a scenic 20-minute ride. Contact them at 715-747-2051.
How Far is Ashland from Bayfield?
|Straight line distance||15.40 mi||24.79 km|
|Driving distance||23 mi||37.30 km|