- 1 What was a Bondservant in biblical times?
- 2 What is a Bondservant?
- 3 What does bondsman mean in the Bible?
- 4 What are bond slaves?
- 5 What are the 7 pieces of armor of God?
- 6 What does Doulos mean in the Bible?
- 7 What does Peter mean in the Bible?
- 8 What does being an indentured servant mean?
- 9 What does it mean to be set apart for the gospel?
- 10 What are the 4 types of slavery?
- 11 What country still has slavery?
- 12 What is the most common form of slavery today?
What was a Bondservant in biblical times?
a person who serves in bondage; slave. a person bound to service without wages.
What is a Bondservant?
: one bound to service without wages also: slave.
What does bondsman mean in the Bible?
a male slave. a man bound to service without wages.
What are bond slaves?
Bond ´ slave ` n. 1. A person in a state of slavery; one whose person and liberty are subjected to the authority of a master.
What are the 7 pieces of armor of God?
The 7 Pieces of the Armor of God and How to Use Them
- Ephesians 6:10–18.
- #1 Belt of Truth.
- How to Use the Belt of Truth.
- How to Use the Breastplate of Righteousness.
- How to Use the Gospel of Peace.
- How to Use the Shield of Faith.
- How to Use the Helmet of Salvation.
- How to Use the Sword of the Spirit.
What does Doulos mean in the Bible?
Doulos (Ancient Greek: δοῦλος, Greek: δούλος, Linear B: do -e-ro) is a Greek masculine noun meaning “slave”. A slave (δοῦλος) in ancient Greece; see also Slavery in the New Testament and Slavery in antiquity.
What does Peter mean in the Bible?
Derived from Greek Πέτρος (Petros) meaning “stone”. This is a translation used in most versions of the New Testament of the name Cephas, meaning “stone” in Aramaic, which was given to the apostle Simon by Jesus (compare Matthew 16:18 and John 1:42).
What does being an indentured servant mean?
Indentured servitude refers to a contract between two individuals, in which one person worked not for money but to repay an indenture, or loan, within a set time period.
What does it mean to be set apart for the gospel?
According to the MacMlllen Dictionary, being set apart means “to make someone or something different and special. Or to keep something separate in order to use it for a particular purpose.” In this day and age when the truth about God is being blurred, we have a desperate need for people to be different.
What are the 4 types of slavery?
What is Modern Slavery?
- Sex Trafficking.
- Child Sex Trafficking.
- Forced Labor.
- Bonded Labor or Debt Bondage.
- Domestic Servitude.
- Forced Child Labor.
- Unlawful Recruitment and Use of Child Soldiers.
What country still has slavery?
As of 2018, the countries with the most slaves were: India (8 million), China (3.86 million), Pakistan (3.19 million), North Korea (2.64 million), Nigeria (1.39 million), Indonesia (1.22 million), Democratic Republic of the Congo (1 million), Russia (794,000) and the Philippines (784,000).
What is the most common form of slavery today?
The most common are:
- Human trafficking.
- Forced labour.
- Debt bondage/bonded labour.
- Descent–based slavery.
- Slavery of children.
- Forced and early marriage.