- 1 Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
- 2 How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
- 3 When should I go to Apostle Islands?
- 4 Where should I stay to visit the Apostle Islands?
- 5 Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
- 6 How do you travel between the Apostle Islands?
- 7 Can you swim at the Apostle Islands?
- 8 Can you drive a car on Madeline Island?
- 9 How long is Apostle Island Grand Tour?
- 10 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
- 11 Can you kayak to the Apostle Islands?
- 12 How far is Apostle Island from Milwaukee?
- 13 How far is Apostle Islands from Duluth?
- 14 What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
- 15 What city is near the Apostle Islands?
Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
Camping is available on 18 of the Lakeshore’s 21 islands, and at one campsite on the mainland. The mainland campsite is only accessible by kayak or a 6-mile hike on the Lakeshore Trail from Meyers Beach. There is NO drive up car, tent, or RV camping available in the Apostle Islands.
How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
1. Is there an entrance fee? No. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore does not charge an entrance fee, but does have expanded amenity fees.
When should I go to Apostle Islands?
Summer is the best time to visit the Apostle Islands, namely July and August. June and September are also good months, but meteorological conditions are much more unstable.
Where should I stay to visit the Apostle Islands?
Staying Near Apostle Islands Marina
- Lucy’s Place: With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn: This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
One of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America is found on Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Due to their mobility and expert swimming skills, bears may be found on just about any of the Apostle Islands.
How do you travel between the Apostle Islands?
Island Tours/Shuttles The most popular is the 55-mile “Grand Tour” which travels through the heart of the Apostle Islands archipelago. Trips leave from Bayfield daily from late May to mid-October. Cruises provide views of most of the islands, as well as close looks at dramatic sandstone cliffs and historic lighthouses.
Can you swim at the Apostle Islands?
Yes, it’s true, Lake Superior can be really cold. The average annual water temperature of the lake is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. On warm, calm, sunny summer days, however, water temperatures in the Apostle Islands ‘ protected shallow bays can climb into the 70s.
Can you drive a car on Madeline Island?
No, public transportation is not available on the Island. It is advisable to bring your car across – especially for access to the parks as they are located 7 miles from the ferry landing.
How long is Apostle Island Grand Tour?
The Grand Tour takes you on a narrated, informative 55-mile scenic tour. Throughout this memorable cruise, you’ll pass extraordinary natural scenery, beautiful historic Raspberry and Devils Island Lighthouses, standing rocks, extensive sea caves, and marine wildlife.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
We recommend arriving on the dock 20 minutes before your desired departure time. Please see ferry rates below or call Ferry Line office at 715-747-2051 for more information. ADDITIONAL FERRY RATES.
|Auto (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
|Vehicle (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
Can you kayak to the Apostle Islands?
Apostle Islands is renowned for it’s water resource including the beaches, sea caves, lighthouses, and island camping. A sea kayak is the recommended kayak that should be used in the Apostle Islands.
How far is Apostle Island from Milwaukee?
The distance between Milwaukee and Apostle Islands is 303 miles.
How far is Apostle Islands from Duluth?
Distance between Duluth and Apostle Islands is 109.77 km.
|Distance||109.77 km||68.2 miles|
What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
Road Trip to Wisconsin’s Apostle Islands and Harbor Towns
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Starting a road trip in the northern region of Wisconsin on Lake Superior, travelers can start at the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Green Bay.
- Sturgeon Bay.
What city is near the Apostle Islands?
Beautiful Bayfield is the gateway to the Apostle Islands and serves as a hub for visitors who want to explore Lake Superior and Wisconsin’s north coast. This historic and picturesque town offers a wide variety of lodging, dining, shopping, and entertainment options.