- 1 Where does Paul say Imitate me as I imitate Christ?
- 2 What lessons can we learn from the life of Paul?
- 3 Who said imitate me imitate Christ?
- 4 Where in the Bible can you learn about Jesus?
- 5 Where does Paul say follow me?
- 6 What does 1corinthians 4/16 mean?
- 7 How did Paul become a follower of Jesus?
- 8 What was Paul’s main message?
- 9 What was the main message of Paul’s letters?
- 10 What is the meaning of imitate?
- 11 Does the Bible say everything is out of love?
- 12 Who wrote 1st Corinthians?
- 13 How do we learn from Jesus?
- 14 Why was Jesus baptism considered a turning point?
- 15 How did Jesus learn to read?
Where does Paul say Imitate me as I imitate Christ?
It is very interesting how the Apostle Paul opens 1 Corinthians 11. It is a classic counseling tool. In verse two, he praises the Corinthian brethren inasmuch as they have followed his teachings, or traditions, as it is translated in the NKJV.
What lessons can we learn from the life of Paul?
5 Lessons We Can Learn From Paul the Apostle
- He didn’t live to please man. (Galatians 1:10) When I first came across this verse, I chuckled at how sassy Paul sounded.
- He was humble.
- He was selfless.
- He was focused on God’s calling in his life.
- He lived with eternity in mind.
Who said imitate me imitate Christ?
The Apostle Paul emphasized this “show and tell” approach to discipleship in his own ministry. That is why he says, “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ ” (1 Cor. 11:1).
Where in the Bible can you learn about Jesus?
Read Matthew 7:28-29 and John 3:1-2 There is much that we can learn from the way that Jesus taught. Jesus ‘ life modelled his words; he lived what he preached.
Where does Paul say follow me?
Apostle Paul said, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20 Paul was the perfect candidate to continue the work of Jesus.
What does 1corinthians 4/16 mean?
Only the Lord can judge His servants, including Paul. By making themselves judges, they are acting like they have all they need. They are proudly focused on reputation and status while the apostles live for Christ in poverty and under persecution.
How did Paul become a follower of Jesus?
The Book of Acts says that Paul was on his way from Jerusalem to Syrian Damascus with a mandate issued by the High Priest to seek out and arrest followers of Jesus, with the intention of returning them to Jerusalem as prisoners for questioning and possible execution. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.
What was Paul’s main message?
Basic message He preached the death, resurrection, and lordship of Jesus Christ, and he proclaimed that faith in Jesus guarantees a share in his life.
What was the main message of Paul’s letters?
Paul gives a summary of the theme of his letter: “The Gospel… is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith” (1:16–17).
What is the meaning of imitate?
transitive verb. 1: to follow as a pattern, model, or example. 2: mimic, counterfeit can imitate his father’s booming voice. 3: to be or appear like: resemble. 4: to produce a copy of: reproduce.
Does the Bible say everything is out of love?
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love. to submit to such as these and to everyone who joins in the work, and labors at it. If anyone does not love the Lord–a curse be on him.
Who wrote 1st Corinthians?
The epistle is attributed to Paul the Apostle and a co- author named Sosthenes, and is addressed to the Christian church in Corinth. Scholars believe that Sosthenes was the amanuensis who wrote down the text of the letter at Paul’s direction.
How do we learn from Jesus?
12 Must Read Life Lessons From Jesus
- To Serve Is To Be Great. “Whoever wants to be great must become a servant.”
- There Is A Cure For Worry. “Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God.
- Love Conquers All.
- Follow The Golden Rule.
- Ask For What You Need.
- Judge Not.
- Keep Your Word.
- Give In Secret.
Why was Jesus baptism considered a turning point?
Christians believe Jesus was baptised so that he could become like one of us. This shows his great humility. He set an example for us to follow. Jesus ‘ baptism was also an opportunity to show his authority as God confirmed he was his Son.
How did Jesus learn to read?
WE KNOW HE COULD READ BECAUSE HE READ THE SCRIPTURE WHEN HE WENT TO THE SYNAGOGUE. (LUKE 4:16-21 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias.