- 1 What were the sufferings of the Apostle Paul?
- 2 Where does Paul list his sufferings?
- 3 What challenges did Paul face?
- 4 What does St Paul say about suffering?
- 5 Does Paul boast?
- 6 How was Paul able to endure the pain and trials that he suffered for his beliefs?
- 7 Which book in the Bible talks about suffering?
- 8 When am weak then am strong?
- 9 What does the Bible say about joy in suffering?
- 10 What does the church say about suffering?
What were the sufferings of the Apostle Paul?
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea,
Where does Paul list his sufferings?
Paul’s list of sufferings in 2 Corinthians 11:23-28 1. 2 Corinthians 11:23-28 – “… in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. 24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. concern for all the churches.”
What challenges did Paul face?
Identify the problems that Paul faced in spreading the gospel
- People did not believe that he was an apostle / his conversion.
- His message was rejected.
- He was beaten/ stoned.
- He was imprisoned.
- He was deserted by close friends/ mark/ barnabarbas.
- Some of the believers were backsliding.
What does St Paul say about suffering?
COLOSSIANS And at Colossians 1:24 Saint Paul says to the community there: “But part of my work is to suffer for you; and I am glad, for I am helping to finish up the remainder of Christ’s sufferings for his body, the church.” “In all things we suffer tribulation: but are not distressed.
Does Paul boast?
Apostle Paul adopts a human reasoning in attempts at redirecting believers in the Corinthian Church to Christ. But he boasts about things that are spiritual, about sacrifices for sake of the gospel of Christ, does not boast about anything that has to do with the things of this world.
How was Paul able to endure the pain and trials that he suffered for his beliefs?
1. How was Paul able to endure the pain and trials that he suffered for his beliefs? I think Paul was able to endure because he really believed what he believed and proclaimed. He was absolutely convinced that what he was doing was for God and was the truth of God, the only hope for salvation for God’s people.
Which book in the Bible talks about suffering?
When am weak then am strong?
“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
What does the Bible say about joy in suffering?
Bible Verses about Joy and Suffering But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
What does the church say about suffering?
The Catholic Church sees human suffering as a chance to follow the example of Christ and believe that it is a part of God’s plan. Suffering is a trial, but it is through that trial that faith, hope and love continue. And through that suffering, an individual can find their own identity and their identity in Christ.