- 1 Where is John the Apostle mentioned in the Bible?
- 2 What is the name of the place John was at when he wrote the Book of Revelation?
- 3 Who is the disciple Jesus loved the most?
- 4 Why did Jesus love John the most?
- 5 How did Jesus meet John the Apostle?
- 6 Did Jesus have any siblings?
- 7 Is John the Beloved Jesus brother?
- 8 What are the 3 main themes of the book of Revelation?
- 9 What is the first miracle of Jesus?
- 10 Are there two Johns in the Bible?
- 11 Who are the 12 apostles?
- 12 Who wrote John’s Gospel?
- 13 What miracles did St John the Apostle perform?
Where is John the Apostle mentioned in the Bible?
John the Apostle is traditionally believed to be one of two disciples (the other being Andrew) recounted in John 1: 35-39, who upon hearing the Baptist point out Jesus as the “Lamb of God”, followed Jesus and spent the day with him. Zebedee and his sons fished in the Sea of Galilee.
What is the name of the place John was at when he wrote the Book of Revelation?
The Book of Revelation written on Patmos: The Island of Patmos has been celebrated for almost the last 2,000 years as the place where the Divine and God-inspired Book of Revelation was written by Saint John, one of the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ.
Who is the disciple Jesus loved the most?
The assumption that the Beloved Disciple was one of the Apostles is based on the observation that he was apparently present at the Last Supper, and Matthew and Mark state that Jesus ate with the Twelve. Thus, the most frequent identification is with John the Apostle, who would then be the same as John the Evangelist.
Why did Jesus love John the most?
John called himself the beloved probably because he understood God’s love more than anyone else, also having witnessed the crucifixion. When everyone else were bickering about their official in the coming Kingdom of God, he found himself in Jesus bosom. This testified to the depth of his revelation.
How did Jesus meet John the Apostle?
John and his brother James, another disciple of Jesus, were fishermen on the Sea of Galilee when Jesus called them to follow him. On the cross, Jesus entrusted the care of his mother, Mary, to an unnamed disciple, probably John, who took her into his home ( John 19:27).
Did Jesus have any siblings?
Jesus ‘ brothers and sisters The Gospel of Mark (6:3) and the Gospel of Matthew (13:55–56) mention James, Joseph/Joses, Judas/Jude and Simon as brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary.
Is John the Beloved Jesus brother?
John was the son of Zebedee, a Galilean fisherman, and Salome. John and his brother St. James were among the first disciples called by Jesus. In the Gospel According to Mark he is always mentioned after James and was no doubt the younger brother.
What are the 3 main themes of the book of Revelation?
- Awe and Amazement.
- Good vs. Evil.
What is the first miracle of Jesus?
The transformation of water into wine at the Marriage at Cana or Wedding at Cana is the first miracle attributed to Jesus in the Gospel of John.
Are there two Johns in the Bible?
Aside from that, John the Apostle, John the Revelator, John Mark, John the Baptist, John the relative of Annas the High Priest. But there is one “ John ” that people typically leave out — Judah.
Who are the 12 apostles?
When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles: Simon (whom he named Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called the Zealot, Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a
Who wrote John’s Gospel?
Although the Gospel is ostensibly written by St. John the Apostle, “the beloved disciple” of Jesus, there has been considerable discussion of the actual identity of the author.
What miracles did St John the Apostle perform?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.