- 1 How far is Apostle Island from Duluth?
- 2 Can you drive to the Apostle Islands?
- 3 How far is Bayfield from superior?
- 4 Where are the Apostle Islands located?
- 5 Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
- 6 How long is Apostle Island Grand Tour?
- 7 How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
- 8 How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
- 9 Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
- 10 How far is Grand Marais from Duluth?
- 11 How do you get from Madeline Island to Bayfield?
- 12 How far is Duluth from Bayfield?
- 13 Can you swim at the Apostle Islands?
- 14 Are the Apostle Islands closed?
- 15 Are the Apostle Islands Open?
How far is Apostle Island from Duluth?
Distance between Duluth and Apostle Islands is 109.77 km. This distance is equal to 68.2 miles, and 59.23 nautical miles.
Can you drive to the Apostle Islands?
Madeline Island, the only one of the Apostle Islands accessible by automobile, is not within the National Lakeshore. Attractions on Madeline Island include Big Bay State Park, with its lakeside campground, and the Madeline Island Historical Museum, with its exhibits about the fur trade era.
How far is Bayfield from superior?
There are 61.17 miles from Superior to Bayfield in east direction and 81 miles (130.36 kilometers) by car, following the US-2 route. Superior and Bayfield are 1 hour 34 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Superior, WI to Bayfield, WI.
Where are the Apostle Islands located?
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is located on the northern-most point in Wisconsin, near Bayfield, along the south shore of Lake Superior. The Bayfield and Little Sand Bay Visitor Centers, as well as, Meyers Beach are accessible by road. Access to the 21 islands is by boat only.
Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
Hotels near Apostle Islands Marina
- Harbor’s Edge Motel. 2.5-star.
- Legendary Waters Resort & Casino. 2.5-star.
- Lucy’s Place. 3-star.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn. 3.5-star.
- Winfield Inn and Gardens. 3-star.
- Pinehurst Inn Bed & Breakfast. 3.5-star.
- Apostle Pines 4 by Winfield Inn. 3.5-star.
- Bayfield on the Lake. 3.5-star.
How long is Apostle Island Grand Tour?
The Grand Tour takes you on a narrated, informative 55-mile scenic tour. Throughout this memorable cruise, you’ll pass extraordinary natural scenery, beautiful historic Raspberry and Devils Island Lighthouses, standing rocks, extensive sea caves, and marine wildlife.
How much does it cost to go to Apostle Islands?
1. Is there an entrance fee? No. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore does not charge an entrance fee, but does have expanded amenity fees.
How much does it cost to take the ferry to Madeline Island?
We recommend arriving on the dock 20 minutes before your desired departure time. Please see ferry rates below or call Ferry Line office at 715-747-2051 for more information. ADDITIONAL FERRY RATES.
|Auto (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
|Vehicle (19 ft and less than 22 ft)||$20.50||$41.00|
Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
One of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America is found on Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Due to their mobility and expert swimming skills, bears may be found on just about any of the Apostle Islands.
How far is Grand Marais from Duluth?
Grand Marais is situated on a doubled-harbor stone outcropping of the shoreline. It is 110 miles (177 km) northeast of Duluth and 40 miles (64 km) southwest of the Canadian border along Highway 61, an All-American road and national Scenic Byway.
How do you get from Madeline Island to Bayfield?
The Madeline Island Ferry Line makes several trips a day to Madeline, the largest of the Apostle Islands. Leaving from Bayfield, you can walk, bike, or drive aboard for a scenic 20-minute ride. Contact them at 715-747-2051.
How far is Duluth from Bayfield?
Distance from Duluth, MN to Bayfield, WI There are 60.67 miles from Duluth to Bayfield in east direction and 86 miles (138.40 kilometers) by car, following the US-2 route. Duluth and Bayfield are 1 hour 40 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Can you swim at the Apostle Islands?
Yes, it’s true, Lake Superior can be really cold. The average annual water temperature of the lake is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. On warm, calm, sunny summer days, however, water temperatures in the Apostle Islands ‘ protected shallow bays can climb into the 70s.
Are the Apostle Islands closed?
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The islands become much more challenging to access during the shoulder seasons and winter. Closures & Seasonal Exceptions.
|Christmas Day||December 25||CLOSED|
Are the Apostle Islands Open?
On This Page Navigation On This Page. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is open year-round; however, the islands become much more challenging to access during the shoulder seasons and winter.